This will be an outlet to start putting out the comic strip I have been wanting to do for years. I guess it will also record moments of my life that I share with my wife,family and friends.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

The balance

In the the Star Wars books that I read there is a character named Alema Rar. Alema is a dark jedi who merges with this insect tribe on a outer rim planet. During this experience she harbors a new meaning of the force, the "balance". To sum it up the balance is "what goes around..comes around". There is no light side or dark side..there is just the belief that for every action their must be a opposite reaction. I guess in every day world terms you would call it Karma. In the book Alema is almost killed by Leia and her body is distorted in the process. To bring everything back into balance she dedicates the rest of her life to destroying Leia. It does not work out for her as all of her plans are foiled. In the end she ends up helping Leia's son ascend to becoming a Sith Lord. She effectively hurt Leia more than she ever could physically by taking a part of her that she could never get back. The soul of the man she once called her son. So in the end the balance was served. Alema lost something and so did Leia.

This gets me to the here and now:
Where is the balance in the world we live in?
How is it that there are people who constantly take advantage of the people around them and shit on everyone and still come out ahead?
I mean come on........I know people who never take any responsibility for their actions and still catch every break possible.
There are people in this world that take for granted the people that care about them the most(I am someone who does this) and these people still stick around for them.

I could go on and on but I guess everyone that reads this can see the general direction it is going.

My whole point is this....When does all the taking end and the giving begin? When does the "balance" begin to be served?????

No comments: